PATROL Knowledge Module for Microsoft Windows Domain Services (PATROL KM for Domain Services) contains the knowledge that PATROL uses to monitor, detect, and correct problems encountered within a Microsoft Windows Server domain. BMC PATROL KM for Microsoft Windows Domain Services, which is a set of files containing knowledge in the form of command descriptions, application classes, parameters, and recovery actions that PATROL uses when monitoring the application instances and their associated components.
PATROL Knowledge Module for Microsoft Windows Domain Services monitors the availability of the network domain as follows:
A indicates that the feature is only available on Windows NT servers.
- Distributed File System (DFS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service
- Domain Name Service (DNS)
- Primary domain controller (PDC), backup domain controller (BDC), and member servers, including
- Domain server connectivity
- Other domain-level parameters
- Remote Access Service (RAS) and devices
- Replicated directories
- Shared directories
- Trust relationships
- User accounts
- Windows Internet Naming Service (WINS)