Monitoring System forms
With BMC PATROL for Remedy AR server, you can monitor the BMC Remedy AR System form.
A System form captures and displays information. A form typically includes related components such as employee and department information. A form contains fields in which the information is entered and displayed. The collection of fields represents a record of information in BMC Remedy AR System. For more information see, BMC Remedy AR System forms overview.
To monitor the system form, you must perform the following steps:
To add the System form
Perform the following steps to add the System form:
- Start the PATROL Console.
- Right-click Remedy AR Systems > KM Commands > Monitor Forms > Monitor Specific Form.
The Choose Server Group window is displayed:
- Click Next.
The Add Form Monitor dialog box is displayed:
Provide the following details in the Add Form Monitor dialog box
Monitor label: Enter a unique user-defined label for the system form.
Form name: Enter the system form name that you want to add in the list for monitoring.
For example, for adding User forms, enter User as the form name.
Search criteria: Enter a specific search criteria for filtering the forms you want to add in the list for monitoring.
For example, for filtering User forms based on the Creator as Administrator and License Type as Fixed, enter the following criteria:
Value type: Select one following option:
Absolute: If the Search criteria is resolved, then each form you filtered based on the search criteria will return its current status, count, and response time values.
Delta: If the Search criteria is resolved, then each form you filtered based the search criteria will return the difference between the current and previous status, count, and response time values.
For absolute value type, it will return the count, and response time values of a form only if the status of that form is okay.
To select the System form
From added the system forms, you must select the form that you want to monitor for your environment. You can perform the following steps to select the system forms for monitoring:
- Start the PATROL Console.
- Right-click the configured BMC Remedy AR System environment for which you want to monitor the form.
- Go to KM Commands > Monitor Forms > Select Monitor Form.
The following dialog box is displayed:
- With the following option displayed in the dialog box, you can include or exclude the added forms for monitoring:
- -->Move All: Select this option to include all the added System forms for monitoring.
- --->Move Selection: Select this option to move only the selected forms from the Exclude AR forms list to the Include AR forms list for monitoring.
- <---Move Selection: Select this option to move only the selected forms from the Include AR forms list to the Exclude AR forms list to exclude the forms from monitoring.
- <--Move All: Select this option to move all the added System forms from the Include AR forms list to the Exclude AR forms list to exclude all the forms from monitoring.
- Enable the Done option and click Apply.