The PATROL for Oracle Database solution contains knowledge in the form of scripts, parameters, and recovery actions. This knowledge is used by PATROL to monitor, analyze, and manage an Oracle installation.
The PATROL for Oracle Database monitors the following elements of your Oracle installation:
- Archive log activity
- Automatic Storage Management
- DataGuard failover monitoring
- Failover and Cluster Monitoring Scenarios
- Instance performance and health of the environment
- Local and remote monitoring
- Oracle instance
- Oracle server options
- Oracle Net (For consistency, the term Oracle Net is used throughout this book and refers to all Oracle Networking product versions.)
- Oracle pluggable instances
- Resource availability and capacity
- Replication and Oracle jobs
- Real Application Cluster monitoring
- XML Log monitoring
The PATROL for Oracle Database also enables you to perform Oracle functions directly from the PATROL console. In addition, the PATROL for Oracle Database allows you to view the state of instances and parameters through HTML pages on a web server.
The ORACLE application enables you to perform high-level functions such as instance configuration, blackout, HTML reporting, and debugging. This application also enables instance configuration, instance discovery, and instance status.
The menu command (PCO) of HTML reporting no longer exists in PATROL for Oracle Database 9.7.11 version and above.
For more information about the PATROL for Oracle Database applications, see Monitor types or application classes.