Configuring instances for remote monitoring
This section provides the procedure to register a remote Oracle host for remote monitoring.
- You can establish remote monitoring only on UNIX hosts. That is, the PATROL Agent and the Remote Oracle Host must be installed on a UNIX platform.
- The pconfig variable /OraNetConfig.javaHome must be added before registering a remote host. An example of the bin directory path is /usr/java
To register a remote Oracle host for remote monitoring
- Select ORACLE> KM command>Register Remote Host menu command.
- From the Register Remote Host dialog box, enter the details for a remote host to be registered.
- In the Remote Host Name field, enter the host name of the remote host.
- In the Remote SSH Port field, enter the SSH port number for the remote host you want to register.
- In the SSH Username field, enter the username used to access the SSH port.
- In the SSH Password field, enter the password corresponding to the SSH username.
- In the Remote User Profile Path field, enter the path where the user profile is located.
- In the Remote Package Location field, enter the path to the location where the remote package is located.
- Click Apply to accept the information and register the remote host.
- Click Exit to close the dialog box.
Remote pluggable instance can be configured only with SYSDBA user.