This feature is no longer supported by any of the KM's supported versions. From version 9.7.11.01, the feature is no longer available. For more information see, 9.7.11.01: Fix pack 1 for PATROL for Oracle Database.
You can schedule jobs to run at specific times from PATROL for Oracle using the Batch Scheduler. You can also schedule more than one report to run on the instance.
A job is one of the following items:
- SQL Script--a script file that runs a SQL script
- OS Command--an operating system command or an executable file
- PSL Script--a script file that runs a PSL script
All scripts and commands are stored and run on the host computer, not the console computer.
Selecting the PSL Script option does not generate any output. The results of the job are not displayed by the Batch Scheduler.
You can schedule to run any of the reports contained in PATROL for Oracle.
You can set the following types of schedules:
- Once--the job or report runs once at the specified time
- Daily Once--the job or report runs every day at the specified time
- Daily Recur--the job or report runs every day at a specified time interval
- Weekly Once--the job or report runs every week at the specified time and day of the week
- Weekly Recur--the job or report runs every week on the specified day and at the specified time interval
You can select the following types of output for the Scheduler:
Output is sent to a text window. All reports are appended to the text window.
Output is sent to the parameter SchedulerOutput, to be displayed as an annotation report. The axis gives the time and date that the job ran.
Output is sent to the Scheduler Log File. You can view the output for the job using the View Log File Admin commands. The log file is stored in the $PATROL_HOME/oracle/log directory on the agent.