9.6.11: Service Pack 2
This topic contains information about fixes and updates in this service pack. It also explains how to obtain the installation and other files that you need to install BMC PATROL for Microsoft SQL Server.
For information about issues corrected in this service pack, see Known and corrected issues.
Enhanced the KM to generate single event for each incident
BMC PATROL for Microsoft SQL Server has been enhanced to generate single event per incident for the following parameters:
Open an event when job
HungJob1 becomes hung and close this event when it stops from being hung.
The feature is configurable and is disabled by default. For more details, see KM administration.
In order to support the event generation
.mrl script has to be applied on TrueSight cell. The following are the steps to apply it:
- Download ‘SQLGenerateDetailedEvents.mrl’ to Cell machine at path:
- Enable the script by editing and adding
- Compile it by opening a command line and running:
mccomp -n pncell_<CELL_NAME>
- To take effect the changes, restart the respective cell service.
Updated the minimum configurable Data Collection Interval from 10 minutes to 2 minutes. For more details, see KM administration.
Minimum supported interval is 10 minutes. Lower interval is not recommended as it might cause gaps and inconsistent behavior.
List of installation files
The following tables list product files per platform available on EPD for BMC PATROL for Microsoft SQL Server.
Product files for Windows and UNIX platforms
|EPD (e-item) name||Product file name||Platform|
|BMC PATROL for Microsoft SQL Server|
BMC PATROL for Microsoft SQL Server Version 9.6.11
|BMC PATROL for Microsoft SQL Server Version 9.6.11||pks_ALL_9611.tar||All platforms|
|BMC PATROL Installation Utility|
|BMC PATROL Installation Utility Version 10.5.00||ins_WINDOWS_10500.zip||Microsoft Windows/NT|
|BMC PATROL Installation Utility Version 10.5.00||ins_WINDOWS_10500.tar||All platforms|
Downloading the files
The product files that you download from the BMC Software Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website might contain some or all of the patches listed on a product’s Customer Support web page. If the EPD page shows that a patch is included in a file that you downloaded, you do not need to obtain that patch separately.
Create a directory in which to place the downloaded files.
On Microsoft Windows computers, ensure that the directory is only one level into the directory structure. The EPD package creates a directory in the temporary directory when you extract the files, and the directory that contains the installation image should not be in a directory deeper than two levels into the directory structure.
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, agree to the terms of the agreements, and click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose. Use the Profile list to select a different profile.
- From the Component View (the default view), in the Filter Products text box under Products, type BMC PATROL for Microsoft SQL Server and press Enter, or click Go.
- From the list of products displayed on the right side, click the appropriate product.
- In the window, select the Version (default selection is the latest GA version), the Platform (if applicable), and click Go.
Click one of the following tabs, and select the check boxes next to the files and documents to download:
You cannot select files across the tabs. When you click another tab, current selections are cleared.
Products - Displays the product files and supplementary related files available for download, including service pack files.
- Patches - Displays the patch files available for download.
- License Information - Displays the files related to licenses.
- Documentation - Displays the Online Technical Documentation links and the offline zip files of the documentation available for download.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager to download the selected files:
- Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
- Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops.
This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable method to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
- Repeat steps 10 and 11 for each tab.
To go back to the product listing page to download other product files, or to logout from EPD, click X that is displayed to the top-right of the pop-up window.
Where to go from here
Carefully review the System requirements for your platform and other tasks necessary for setting up the installation environment. You must perform these tasks before you launch the installation program.
For installation instructions, see Installing.