Monitoring XML files
The XML Files monitor type is not supported any more.
PATROL for Log Management enables you to:
- Monitor the valid XML files with the following encodings:
- UTF-8 (This is the default encoding. If you do not specify the encoding for an XML file, it is assumed to be UTF-8).
- LATIN1 (English)
- Configure searching and monitoring of the element content from the XML file against the specified elements (also called as tags).
- Use of the XML file search feature assumes that you have a working knowledge of XML file constructs and terminology.
- The KM only supports monitoring of the element content. It does not support monitoring of element attributes.
- To configure the search and monitor functions, you must use a BMC PATROL Console for UNIX or Microsoft Windows in Developer mode, a BMC PATROL Central console, or the PATROL KM for Log Management PATROL Configuration Manager plug-in.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you