Executing agent actions on a monitor
When you execute an agent action, it is issued from your local console, but executed on the computer where the PATROL Agent is installed. Agent actions are also called menu commands in BMC PATROL and vary from KM to KM.
PATROL for Log Management provides the following agent actions:
|Monitor type||Agent Action||Description|
|Read Logs||Forces the LOG collector parameters to refresh.|
The Agent Actions option is available only when the following conditions are met:
- You have appropriate permissions required to execute agent actions.
- The application class to which the monitor belongs has the menu commands defined in the KMs for PATROL Agent.
To respond to an event by using an agent action
- In the Show Monitors page, in the Tools Menu column of a monitor, click the blue wrench icon.
- Click Agent Actions, and select an agent action.
If any input is required for the agent action, a dialog box is displayed. You must provide the values that are required for the action to be executed.
A confirmation message is displayed after the agent action is executed.
Permissions required to execute agent actions
You must have the Allow execution of Agent Action permission assigned to have the Agent Actions option in the Tools menu. If you do not have the permission assigned, the Agent Actions option is not displayed in the Tools menu.
By default, the following roles have the Allow execution of Agent Action permission:
- Super Admin
- Event Administrator
- Data Collection Administrator
- Service Administrator
For other roles, these permissions must be assigned by the administrators to access the agent actions.
Log in or register to comment.