The BMC PATROL for JBoss Application Server Knowledge Module contains the knowledge that BMC PATROL and BMC Proactivenet Performance Management uses during system monitoring, analysis, and management activities. This section provides you a high-level overview of the BMC PATROL for JBoss Application Server product.
BMC PATROL for JBoss Application Server enables you to:
- Monitor runtime application server availability
- Monitor availability and performance of JBoss resources, such as thread pools, overall memory utilization, and web services
- Monitor performance of servlets, Oracle JavaServer Pages (JSPs), and Enterprise Java Beans (EJBs)
Depending on the collection categories that you choose to discover, the product can provide you with information about the following categories:
- Class loader
- Class loading
- Data sources
- Enterprise JavaBean (EJB) Global
- Garbage Collection
- Global Request Processor
- Java EE Connector Architecture (JCA)
- JMS queue
- JMS topic
- Java Transaction API (JTA)
- Java Virtual Machine (JVM)
- Memory Pool
- Operating System
- Queue Thread
- Queueless Thread
- Thread Pool
- Web Module
- JavaServer Pages (JSP)
- Java Servlet
Support for IPv6
BMC PATROL for JBoss Application Server now supports Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6). You can enter an IPv6 address as the host to be monitored.
Corresponding names environment names in Service Impact Manager
In PATROL for JBoss Application Server, parameters such as FreeMemory can help you find the corresponding environment names in Service Impact Manager.
Support for transaction manager in JBoss 5
BMC PATROL for JBoss Application Server now supports JBoss Transactions, which is default transaction manager for JBoss 5.
Support for Java Connector Architecture (JCA)
BMC PATROL for JBoss Application Server now supports Java Connector Architecture (JCA) for Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) 6.01.