Central Monitoring Administration console
Central Monitoring Administration console is a web-based administration interface used to perform the following tasks:
- Create PATROL Agent installation packages that contain PATROL Agent and the supported monitoring solutions
- Configure PATROL Agents and monitoring solutions for monitoring
- Add Integration Services to Server
- Create Integration Service clusters
- Configure blackouts on PATROL Agents
- Create time frames for blackout
- Configure the
/AgentSetup/integration/integrationServicesvariable on the PATROL Agent. The PATROL Agent uses this variable to connect to the Integration Service.
- Download and install Integration Service and the remote Administration Console
- Add or update monitoring solutions in the monitoring repository
PATROL Agent installation packages are silent installation files that contain your installation preferences for monitoring solutions and components. Central Monitoring Administration uses policies to configure monitoring solutions and thresholds and to copy baselines.
With Central Monitoring Administration, administrators select monitor installation components, such as the PATROL Agent and monitoring solutions, from theto create an installation package. The components can then be installed together using the installation package. You can reuse the installation packages, or deploy the packages to multiple computers.
Through Central Monitoring Administration, administrators define and manage policies. A policy is a set of actions to perform, such as configuring monitoring solutions on PATROL Agents, creating thresholds on Child Servers, and copying baselines between similar instances of child servers. Policies can also be used to assign devices and monitor instances to User Groups which can be used for access control.
A policy is applied to the PATROL Agents based on the conditions such as agent name, agent port, agent version, agent tag, and so on. If an agent matches the conditions defined in multiple policies, then Central Monitoring Administration combines the configuration across the policies and applies it to the agent.