Creating a Service Account Key in the Google Cloud Platform project
This topic provides information about how to create a service account key in the Google Cloud Platform project.
- Log on to the Google Cloud Platform console https://console.cloud.google.com.
- Select the project that you want to monitor. Note down the project ID.
In this example, the project ID is gcp-mon-dev
- From the left navigation pane, select IAM and admin > Service Accounts
- On the Service Accounts page, select CREATE SERVICE ACCOUNT. The Create service account dialog box is displayed. Enter the account name. In Role, select the Project >Viewer role.
- Select the Furnish a new private key check box. Select the JSON Key type. Click CREATE.
The Service account file is created and downloaded on the computer. Copy this JSON file and place it in the <PATROL_HOME>/gcp/key directory on the PATROL Agent server.
After the JSON is downloaded on the computer, ensure that the following APIs are be enabled on the Google Cloud Platform.
API Required for Stackdriver monitoring API Performance metrics collection Google Compute Engine API Compute engine instances discovery Google Cloud Functions API Cloud functions discovery Google App Engine Admin API App engine discovery Cloud Resource Manager API Displaying project name along with project ID