Performing the installation
This topic provides information about installing BMC PATROL Agent License Utility.
Before you begin
- Download BMC PATROL Agent License Utility as described in Downloading the installation files.
- Ensure that you have downloaded the BMC PATROL Installation Utility.
- Verify that your environment meets the requirements listed in System requirements.
- Ensure that BMC PATROL Agent is installed and the default PATROL account user has read/write permissions in the directory where you want to install BMC PATROL Agent License Utility.
To perform a typical installation
- Extract BMC PATROL Installation Utility and BMC PATROL Agent License Utility.
The contents of the files are extracted into the bmc_products directory.
- From the the bmc_products directory, run the setup.exe to install the installation utility
- In the Welcome to the Installation Utility window, click Next to begin your installation.
- In the Review License Agreement window, select Accept, and then click Next to continue.
- From the Select Installation Option window, select Install products on this computer now, and then click Next.
- In the Specify Installation Directory window, retain the default directory path or browse to a new directory path, and then click Next.
- From the Select Products and Components to Install window, select PATROL Agent License Utility, and then click Next.
- Review the setup information on the Review Selections and Install (or Review Selections and Create Installable Image) window.
If you want to change the settings, click Back to go back to previous windows.
- Click Start Install.
When the status window reports that installation is 100% complete, Next appears.
- Click Next to see the results window.
- Click View Log to review details of the installation, or click Exit to close the installation utility.
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you