Viewing the jobs listing
The Jobs page displays all pending, in progress, and executed jobs. Jobs remain in the jobs list until purged by the system based on the purging criteria defined under Admin > System Parameters (see Managing system parameters). This topic contains the following sections:
To view the list of jobs
- Navigate to Network > Actions > Jobs.
(Optional) Perform one of the following tasks by using the menu options that are available on the Jobs page:Menu optionDescription
Views Display predefined jobs matching a favorite view. See About lists and views and Managing and sharing views. Filter Filter the predefined jobs list based on selected criteria. You can use a wildcard for the network span. Add Create a new job Print View Print the jobs list Refresh Update the status for all listed jobs Help Display Help for the jobs list
(Optional) Perform one of the following actions by clicking an icon in the Actions column on the Jobs page:IconActionDescription
View Display details about the job Edit Edit the job Copy Copy the job Submit Submit the job for execution Approve Approve the job Reject Reject the job Cancel/Abort Cancel the job. Individual device actions already in progress cannot be aborted. Delete Delete the job
To view the job ID information
- To navigate to various Job options, click any Job ID link, as shown in the following figure:
- (Optional) If the job is pending, click View Job Conflicts Report to display all the devices in multiple pending jobs so you can resolve any conflicts, as appropriate.
- (Optional) Select the arrow on a job entry to view the actions in the job and, if the job has run, the status of each action.
The example below shows a job with three completed actions. Select the link under Status to view Job Details for that action.
To view the job details report
- Create a job.
The job shown in the following figure executes a Deploy to Active action on a device:
- Click various links on the Job Details report to drill down to more information.
- Click View Job Summary Report by Job ID
The pages in this sequence are intended for general information. They do not necessarily give details of the same job. The configuration change produced by the job is highlighted in red. to view the Job Summary information, as shown in the following figure.
- Select View Change Details Report
- In the Job Details report, click the arrow next to the name of an action to view details of the action, as shown in the following figure:
- Click the completion status link (Succeeded or Failed) in the Status column in the Job Details report to view the device transcript.
The transcript shows the commands that the system sends to the device and the responses the device sends back.
- Click the handles to view the part of the transcript that you want to see in detail. The following figure shows the Deploy to Active part.
- Select the action entry in the Status column in the Job Details report (for example, Merge Script) to view the action script, as shown in the following figure:
To define a filter for the jobs listing
- Select Network > Actions > Jobs.
- Click the Filter menu option above the list of jobs.
- Select or specify any of the following optional attributes:
- Time when the job was created
- Actions that are added to the job
- Job ID
- Change ID that tracks the specified job to the external Change ID
- Task ID that tracks the specified job to the external Task ID
- Network span of the action in the job
- Originator (user, system, or policy) of the job
- The predefined job that was used to prepare the job.
- Person who last edited the job
- Current status (Aborted, Completed, Draft, Cancelled, and so on) of the job
- Reconciliation status (Aborted, Success, Failed, In Progress, and so on) of the job
- Job approval type used to approve the job execution
- Click Submit.