Building a dashboard quickly from marketplace content
BMC community contributors create dashboards that are available in the Marketplace Content folder in BMC Helix Dashboards for public use.
The following image displays a dashboard from the Marketplace Content folder.
Use the marketplace content dashboards as templates to quickly create dashboards for your requirements. For example, the ABC company uses Kubernetes to deploy its services. Jordan has recently joined the company as a network operations center operator. Jordan needs to quickly create a dashboard to obtain data about factors such as CPU and memory utilization of their Kubernetes cluster. However, Jordan is not well-versed with BMC Helix Dashboards. To get a dashboard created quickly, Jordan leverages a community-created dashboard for Kubernetes. Jordan views the dashboards in the Marketplace Content folder. He sees the K8s Container dashboard, which he thinks will help retrieve the data that he needs, so he creates a copy that he can further customize.
Important: Points to note for the marketplace content dashboards
- Do not edit or delete the marketplace content dashboards. You can copy a dashboard and then make changes to the copy.
- Do not move the dashboards to any other folder.
To view the marketplace dashboards
- In BMC Helix Dashboards, in the navigation pane, hover your mouse over the Dashboards icon .
- Click Manage and open the Marketplace Content folder to view the available dashboards.
To customize the marketplace dashboards
- Open a marketplace dashboard, for example, K8s Pods.
Click the Settings iconand click Save as.
Save the dashboard with a different name and customize it to suit your requirements.