Integrating BMC Server Automation discovered data
The BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration product facilitates the integration of BMC Server Automation configuration data with the BMC Asset dataset in BMC Atrium CMDB.
To transfer discovered data from the BMC Server Automation database to BMC Atrium CMDB, the discovered data is first transferred from the BMC Server Automation database to the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation database by using the extract, transform, and load (ETL) tool. BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration uses BMC Atrium Integrator (AI) to do the following:
- Pull data from the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation database
- Insert the data into the BMC Atrium CMDB with the BMC BladeLogic Import Dataset
For information about the ETL components of BMC Decision Support for Server Automation, see the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation online documentation.
The reconciliation process identifies configuration items (CIs) and merges them into the BMC Asset dataset, as shown in the following figure:
Based on this integration model, BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration performs the following functions, which are completed during product installation:
- Installs views, tables, indexes, functions, and stored procedures on top of the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation database
- Provides reconciliation rules to the Reconciliation Engine for use during the reconciliation process
- Installs federated links in the BMC Atrium CMDB console to launch BMC Decision Support for Server Automation reports from the BMC Atrium Explorer interface
- Installs a custom command in BMC Server Automation to launch the BMC Atrium Explorer
Atrium Integrator jobs and transformations
BMC Atrium Integrator transfers data between the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation database and BMC Atrium CMDB. It consists of the Atrium Integrator jobs and transformations.
The BladeLogic Atrium installer uses Pentaho APIs to create jobs and transformations with data mapping between source and destination fields.
The Atrium Integrator performs the data transfer based on the settings in the Transformations.