This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to upgrade the repository.
Before you begin
- If you are using an external BMC Remedy Single Sign-On instance, it must be installed and running.
- You must have shut down the repository service and it is recommended that you shut down the CDP service (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the system requirements for your environment.
- You must have reviewed and, if necessary, modified the Repository worksheet for upgrades from 7.7.x, 7.8.x, and 7.9.00 with ASSO to 7.9.01 with RSSO.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer where you will upgrade the repository.
- If you are upgrading on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (see Configuring DEP on Windows computers before upgrades).
- Ensure that you have made copies of server.xml and broker-config.xml files and stored them in a safe location (see Backing up server.xml and broker-config.xml files).
- If you are upgrading on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers before upgrades).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To upgrade the repository
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing install and click Next.
- Using the responses from the previous installation or changes from the upgrade worksheet, enter the required settings for the repository.
The installation program verifies the communication settings. If it detects any invalid or conflicting information, it halts the installation process and displays an error message that describes the problem. The installation process resumes after you provide valid values.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart the server and then click Next.
- On the Installation Choices Summary panel, review your settings and click Install.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.
For default login information for BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and Remedy Single Sign-On, see Installing the repository.
Where to go from here
If you install an embedded version of BMC Remedy Single Sign-On during the upgrade process, after upgrading your BAO components you must complete the steps in Configuring a fail-safe enterprise service bus after upgrade.