The topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to upgrade the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Operator Control Panel (OCP).
If you are installing a non-English version of the Operator Control Panel, you must install it separately from the CDP. You must install the non-English OCP and CDP on separate Tomcat servers.
Before you begin
- You must have upgraded the primary configuration distribution peer (CDP).
- If you are using an external BMC Remedy Single Sign-On instance, it must be installed and running.
- The repository and the primary CDP must be running.
- You must have shut down the OCP service (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC EPD website.
- You must be logged in as an administrator and have administrator rights for the computer that contains the CDP.
- You must have completed the Operator Control Panel worksheet for upgrades from 7.9.00 with RSSO to 7.9.01 with RSSO to record any changes to your system settings.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (see Configuring DEP on Windows computers before upgrades).
- If you are upgrading on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers before upgrades).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To upgrade the OCP
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing install, and click Next.
- Using the OCP upgrade worksheet, enter values in the Connection Details panel and click Next.
The installation program verifies the OCP communication with the CDP. If it detects any invalid or conflicting information, it halts the installation process and displays an error message that describes the problem. After you provide valid values, the installation continues.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart the server and then click Next.
- When you have finished reviewing the installation preview in the Installation Choices Summary panel, click Install.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.