This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to upgrade the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio component.
Before you begin
- BMC recommends that you upgrade the configuration distribution peer (CDP) before you upgrade Development Studio.
- You must shut down the Development Studio service (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC EPD website.
- You must have completed the Development Studio worksheet for upgrades from 7.6.03.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer where you will upgrade Development Studio.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that DEP is configured to recognize the installation program executable (see Configuring DEP on Windows computers before upgrades).
- Ensure that you have made copies of server.xml and broker-config.xml files and stored them in a safe location (see Backing up server.xml and broker-config.xml files).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To upgrade Development Studio using the GUI installation program
- Navigate to and run the Windows installation command:
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome panel, read the information and click Next.
- On the License Agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the License Agreement, and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing Development Studio, and click Next.
- Using the responses from the previous installation or changes from the upgrade worksheet, enter the settings to upgrade the Development Studio component.
- On the Installation Choices Summary panel, review the summary and click Install.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.
Where to go from here
To verify that the upgrade is successful, launch Development Studio (see Starting BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio).