If the repository contains new versions or revisions of adapters that are already configured on the grid, you can use the Adapters tab to upgrade the adapters to the new version or revision. When you upgrade an adapter, you preserve the existing adapter configuration.
You can upgrade only one adapter type, version, and revision at a time. If you want to upgrade additional adapter types or different versions or revisions of the same adapter type, you must repeat the procedure. However, if more than one adapter on the grid uses the same adapter type and you want to upgrade them all to the same version and revision, you can update all the adapters that use that adapter type at the same time.
You can use the adapter upgrade procedure to change the configured adapters to any version and revision of the adapter type in the repository, including changing the adapter to a previous version of the adapter type.
To upgrade adapters on a grid
- In the Grid Manager application, select the Manage tab, and then select the Adapters tab.
The Adapters in Repository table on the left of the screen displays all the adapter types, versions, and revisions in the repository.
- (Optional) If you want to upgrade an adapter on a grid other than the one displayed, use the Select grid list to choose the alternate grid.
- (Optional) Click the plus sign to expand the listing for an adapter to show additional versions and revisions of the adapter.
- Select the adapter type, version, and revision that you want to use to upgrade the adapters on the grid.
If you select a previous version or revision of an adapter type and then close the parent node on the tree, the adapter type selection is cleared. You must leave the tree expanded if you want to select any version or revision of the adapter type earlier than the latest.
- Click Upgrade Adapters on Grid.
The Upgrade Adapters on Grid button is available only when you have selected one adapter type, version, and revision in the Adapters in Repository table and adapters of that type are already configured on the grid. The Upgrade Adapters on Grid button is not available if you select more than one adapter type or if the adapter type that you select is not already configured on the grid.
The Upgrade Adapter dialog box lists all the adapters that have been configured on the grid that have the adapter type that you selected.
- In the Upgrade Adapter dialog box, select the specific adapters that you want to upgrade, and click Save.
Grid Manager upgrades the selected adapters to the version and revision of the adapter type that you selected in the Adapters in Repository table, and displays a confirmation message. The Adapters on Grid table shows the upgraded version and revision of the adapters.