This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to upgrade a configuration distribution peer designated as a high-availability CDP (HA-CDP). During the upgrade, the secondary CDP searches for and uses the primary CDP and the repository configuration settings.
Before you begin
- You must have upgraded the primary CDP.
- If you are using an external authentication service, it must be installed and running.
- The repository and the primary CDP must be running.
- You must have shut down the HA-CDP service (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC EPD website.
- You must have completed the HA-CDP worksheet for upgrades from 7.7.x, 7.8.x, and 7.9.00 with ASSO to 7.9.01 with RSSO.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer where you will upgrade the HA-CDP.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that DEP is configured to recognize the installation program executable (Configuring DEP on Windows computers before upgrades).
- Ensure that you have made copies of server.xml and broker-config.xml files and stored them in a safe location (see Backing up server.xml and broker-config.xml files).
- If you are upgrading on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers before upgrades).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To upgrade an HA-CDP
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome panel, read the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the License Agreement and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing Install and click Next.
- Using the HA-CDP upgrade worksheet, enter settings in the next screens to upgrade the HA-CDP, including feature selection, destination directory, authentication service information, and HA-CDP connection details.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart the server and then click Next.
- On the Installation Preview panel, review your settings and click Install.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.
Where to go from here
If you have not already done so, you can upgrade any of the following:
If you install an embedded version of Remedy Single Sign-On during the upgrade process, after upgrading your BAO components you must complete the steps in Configuring a fail-safe enterprise service bus after upgrade.