You edit the peer configuration attributes if you want to change the following attributes:
Type - for activity peers (APs) and lightweight APs (LAPs) only
Although Grid Manager allows you to change the peer type between AP and LAP, BMC Software recommends that you do not change the peer type after it has been configured because LAPs cannot execute workflows. You will not be able to execute workflows configured on the AP that will to changed to an LAP.
- Whether the peer is a synchronization point for uploading process metrics
- Whether the peer is a SOAP endpoint
- Which adapters are enabled
- Logging configuration (if the peer is running)
To edit a peer
- In the Grid Manager application, select the Manage tab, and then select the Peers tab.
- Select a peer; then click the Edit selected Peer icon, .
Make changes to the peer configuration for any of the following areas:
You cannot change the peer name, nor the peer ID.
- Description: Change the peer description (up to 300 characters).
- Type: Select a type from the list. If the peer is configured as a configuration distribution peer (CDP), you cannot change its type.
- Sync Point: Select this if the peer will be used as a synchronization point for uploading metrics (this is not applicable for LAPs).
- SOAP Endpoint: Select this if the peer will service SOAP requests to run workflows (this is not applicable for LAPs).
- Adapters: To add adapters to the peer, click Enable and select the adapters that you want to enable on the peer. You can only enable adapters that have been added to the grid.
- Logging Levels: Click Configure Logging to change the logging levels used for components running on the peer. See Peer logging levels for more information.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Peer logging levels
The logging level applies to the grid.log and the logging levels control the component activity information that is logged. Some basic logging information may appear in the log regardless of the logging level.
The most detailed logging level; logs low-level messages, normal execution, recoverable erroneous conditions, and unrecoverable erroneous conditions
Logs normal execution, recoverable erroneous conditions, and unrecoverable erroneous conditions
Logs recoverable erroneous conditions and unrecoverable erroneous conditions
The least detailed logging level; logs only error conditions that are not usually recoverable
Turns off component activity logging on the peer
The grid log is located in the AO_HOME/tomcat/logs/grid.log file on each peer.