This topic contains information about updates and enhancements in this service pack and provides instructions for downloading and installing the service pack.
For complete compatibility information about this BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform release, see BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility (SPAC requires a Support login). Log in using your support ID, search for BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and choose the current release to display compatibility information.
This release includes the following enhancements.
- Authentication service support enhancements
- Upgrade program changes
- RESTful API updates
- Development Studio updates
Authentication service support enhancements
This release includes the following authentication service enhancements.
Support for Atrium Single Sign-On discontinued
Starting with BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform version 7.9.01, Remedy SSO is the only supported authentication service.
If you are using BAO versions 7.7x, 7.8x or 7.9.00 with Atrium SSO, you must migrate to Remedy SSO when you upgrade to BAO 7.9.01.
Remedy Single Sign-On support
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform version 7.9.01 supports the use of embedded or external Remedy Single Sign-On (Remedy SSO) version 9.1.02.001.
- If you are using an external version of Remedy SSO, you must download the Remedy SSO installation file (9.1.02.001) from the BMC Atrium Orchestrator EPD site
To install this version, you must have Apache Tomcat version 7 or higher and Java 8 installed.
For more information about Remedy SSO and installing Remedy SSO, see .
- Remedy Single Sign-On versions 9.1.01.001 and 9.1.02.001 only support BMC Atrium Orchestrator high availability with an embedded database. Stand-alone RSSO versions 9.1.01.001 and 9.1.02.001 installations do not support HA with embedded DB.
LDAP group support
The following LDAP group support is added.
- BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform LDAP group configuration in Remedy Single Sign-On user interface (see Configuring LDAP group retrieval during authentication).
- The following new REST API methods are available to support LDAP groups:
Microsoft SQL Database support
This release adds support for the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 database.
Upgrade program changes
Upgrades from BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.7.x, 7.8.x, and 7.9 versions (using Atrium Single Sign-On) now support the use of embedded or external Remedy Single Sign-On (RSSO) version 9.1.02.001.
This version of BAO does not support migrating information from Atrium Single Sign-On to Remedy Single Sign-On. You must recreate your users and roles.
For more information, see Upgrading from BAO 7.7.x, 7.8.x, and 7.9.00 with ASSO to 7.9.01 with RSSO.
Available upgrade paths for 7.9.01
The following upgrade paths are available for upgrades to 7.9.01. See the table in Upgrading for complete details.
- 7.6.03 (with Access Manager) to 7.9.01 with Remedy SSO
- 7.7.x (with Atrium SSO) to 7.9.01 with Remedy SSO
- 7.8.x (with Atrium SSO) to 7.9.01 with Remedy SSO
- 7.9 (with Atrium SSO) to 7.9.01 with Remedy SSO
- 7.9 (with Remedy SSO) to 7.9.01 with Remedy SSO
RESTful API updates
This release includes the following REST API enhancements:
- New REST API methods are available to support LDAP groups:
- You can run some REST API commands from activity peers (AP).
API call topics in the REST API BAO calls reference section indicate if you can run the call from the AP.
Development Studio updates
You can now concatenate strings with encrypted data. The concatenation process produces another encrypted data item.
String concatenation scenarios that use native XPath and XSLT functions do not support this feature; therefore, concatenating secure data with a string is not supported when using basic and advanced XPath and XSLT transforms.
Platform – Content compatibility
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.9.01 is certified with BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content 20.16.03.
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.9.01 uses Java 8, update 66. If you have created custom adapters, you might need to recompile the adapters with this version of Java. Some adapters might not work if they do not comply with the increased security standards enforced in this version of Java.
Downloading the service pack
For download instructions, see Downloading the installation files. You can link to the download files here: .
For BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform version 7.9 Service Pack 1 compatibility with other supported products, see BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility (SPAC requires a Support login). Log in using your support ID, search for BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and choose the current release to display compatibility information.
Installing the service pack
To install the service pack, follow the instructions in the Installing topic.