Upgrading the repository
This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to upgrade the repository.
Before you begin
- You must have installed BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and it must be running.
- You must have shut down the repository service and it is recommended that you shut down the CDP service (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
- You must ensure that the target computer meets the system requirements for your environment.
- You must have reviewed and, if necessary, modified the upgrade worksheet for the repository.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer where you will upgrade the repository.
- If you are upgrading on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (see Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- Ensure that you have made copies of server.xml and broker-config.xml files and stored them in a safe location (see Backing up server.xml and broker-config.xml files).
- If you are upgrading on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers before upgrade).
- You must have exited all other programs.
If you run into any issues related to integrating with Atrium Single Sign-On or registering agents after an upgrade, see Troubleshooting BMC Atrium Single Sign-On problems for more information.
To upgrade the repository
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing install and click Next.
- Using the responses from the previous installation or changes from the upgrade worksheet, enter the required settings for the repository.
The installation program verifies the communication settings. If it detects any invalid or conflicting information, it halts the installation process and displays an error message that describes the problem. The installation process resumes after you provide valid values.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart the server and then click Next.
- On the Installation Choices Summary panel, review your settings and click Install.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.
The following BMC Communities video (5:41) is part two of a series on how to upgrade a basic setup of BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.6.03 to 7.8.01 and upgrading Content on Windows. This video covers how to upgrade a repository and a CDP. Some instructions may apply only to upgrading 7.6.03 to 7.8.01, but other parts of the upgrade video apply to upgrading any BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and Content version.