Upgrading the CDP
The topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to upgrade a configuration distribution peer (CDP). During a CDP upgrade, you can also upgrade the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Operator Control Panel.
If you are installing a non-English version of the Operator Control Panel, you must install it separately from the CDP. You must install the non-English OCP and CDP on separate Tomcat servers.
Before you begin
- You must have upgraded the repository.
- BMC Atrium Single Sign-On and the repository must be running.
- You must have shut down the CDP service and it is recommended that you shut down the OCP (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC EPD website.
- You must be logged in as an administrator and have administrator rights for the computer that contains the CDP.
- You must have completed the upgrade worksheets to record any changes to your system settings (CDP upgrade worksheet, Operator Control Panel upgrade worksheet).
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is configured to recognize the installation program executable (see Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- If you are upgrading on a Linux computer, run the rngd service to ensure that the system has adequate entropy (Run the rngd service on Linux computers before upgrade).
- Ensure that you have made copies of server.xml and broker-config.xml files and stored them in a safe location (see Backing up server.xml and broker-config.xml files).
- You must have exited all other programs.
If you run into any issues related to integrating with Atrium Single Sign-On or registering agents after an upgrade, see Troubleshooting BMC Atrium Single Sign-On problems for more information.
To upgrade the CDP
- Navigate to and start the installation program for your operating system. See Performing the installation for the installation program names.
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement, and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing install, and click Next.
- Using the upgrade worksheet, fill enter settings to upgrade the CDP.
The installation program verifies the communication with the repository. If it detects any invalid or conflicting information, it halts the installation process and displays an error message that describes the problem. After you provide valid values, the installation continues.
- Click Yes when prompted to restart the server and then click Next.
- When you have finished reviewing the installation preview in the Installation Choices Summary panel, click Install.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.
The following BMC Communities video (5:41) is part two of a series on how to upgrade a basic setup of BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.6.03 to 7.8.01 and upgrading Content on Windows. This video covers how to upgrade a repository and a CDP. Some instructions may apply only to upgrading 7.6.03 to 7.8.01, but other parts of the upgrade video apply to upgrading any BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and Content version.
Where to go from here
Clear your browser's cache before you log on to BMC Atrium Orchestrator Grid Manager.