Upgrading Development Studio
This topic describes how to use the GUI installation program to upgrade the BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio component.
Before you begin
- BMC recommends that you upgrade the configuration distribution peer (CDP) before you upgrade Development Studio.
- You must shut down the Development Studio service (see Starting and stopping product components and services).
- You must have downloaded the installation files from the BMC EPD website.
- You must have completed the upgrade worksheet for Development Studio.
- You must be logged on as an administrator and have administrator rights on the computer where you will upgrade Development Studio.
- If you are installing on a Windows computer, ensure that DEP is configured to recognize the installation program executable (see Configuring DEP on Windows computers).
- Ensure that you have made copies of server.xml and broker-config.xml files and stored them in a safe location (see Backing up server.xml and broker-config.xml files).
- You must have exited all other programs.
To upgrade Development Studio using the GUI installation program
- Navigate to and run the Windows installation command:
- On the splash screen, select the language in which to view the installation program, and click OK.
- On the Welcome panel, read the information and click Next.
- On the License Agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the License Agreement, and click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Upgrade an existing Development Studio, and click Next.
- Using the upgrade worksheet, enter the settings to upgrade the Development Studio component.
- On the Installation Choices Summary panel, review the summary and click Install.
- When the installation finishes successfully, click Done.
The following BMC Communities video (5:47) is part three of a series on how to upgrade a basic setup of BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform 7.6.03 to 7.8.01 and upgrading Content on Windows. This video covers how to upgrade Development Studio and how to uninstall Access Manager (this step only needs to be done for upgrades from 7.6.03). Some instructions may apply only to upgrading 7.6.03 to 7.8.01, but other parts of the upgrade video apply to upgrading any BMC Atrium Orchestrator Platform and Content version.
Where to go from here
To verify that the upgrade is successful, launch Development Studio (see Developing workflows using BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio).