Creating user accounts and groups, assigning user accounts to groups in BMC Atrium SSO
BMC Atrium Single Sign-On provides basic user and group management features with the internal Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) server.
You must install BMC Atrium Single Sign-On before installing BMC Atrium Orchestrator components. After installing, the administrator can create, delete, and manage users and group memberships and assign permissions for them in BMC Atrium Single Sign-On.
The following BMC Communities video (4:46) is part one of a two-part video series on managing users, groups, and permissions. This video demonstrates how to create a user account, create a group, and add a user to a group.
To create a user account
- Use the following URL to open the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Admin Console:
- Select bmcRealm, click Edit, and then select the Users tab.
- Click Add.
- In the User Id field, enter a unique identifier for the new user.
This value is used as the user ID when the user logs on.
- Enter the user's last name and full name.
Enter a password and confirm this password.
- In the Status field, verify that the Active button is selected (default).
- Click Save.
To create a group
- In the BMC Atrium Single Sign-On Admin Console, select bmcRealm, click Edit, and then select the Groups tab.
- Click Add, and then enter a unique name for the group in the Group Name field.
- Click Save to save the group.
To add a user account to an existing group
- From the Groups tab, select the check box corresponding to the group name.
- Click Edit.
From the Available Users list, select the user accounts that you want to add to the group, and then click Add.
Alternatively, you can click Add All to add all user accounts to the group.
- Click Save.
In BMC Atrium Orchestrator, if a user is a member of more than one group, the user is granted the most permissive permissions. If a user is not assigned to any group, that user is automatically a member of the Default group and is granted the default permissions.