Installing BMC Atrium Orchestrator content with the GUI installation
This topic describes the how to us the GUI installation program to install BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content.
- You must have downloaded and extracted the content installation files from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
- You must have the repository installed and running, as described in Installing the repository.
- The computer from which you run the installation program must have network access to the repository computer.
Ensure that you install content on 64-bit operating systems.
- Navigate to and start the installation program.
- Windows: setup.cmd
- Linux: setup.sh
- Solaris: setup.sh
- On the Welcome to BMC Atrium Orchestrator panel, review the information and click Next.
- On the license agreement panel, select I agree to the terms of the license agreement; then click Next.
- On the Directory Selection panel, accept the default location, or click Browse to select a different location; then click Next.
- On the Installation Type panel, select Custom feature set, and click Next.
Do not select BSM Solutions unless you have purchased a BMC solution and have reviewed the applicable documentation for that solution.
- On the Repository Communications Settings panel, enter the repository settings, and click Next:
- Web Server Protocol: Select https.
- Host Name or IP Address: Enter the fully qualified domain name of the repository.
- Web Server Port Number
- RepositoryUser: Enter the user name of the account created in BMC Atrium Single Sign-On that you use to log on to the repository.
Do not enter the default BMC Atrium Single Sign-on account amadmin in the RepositoryUser field.
- Repository Password: Enter the password that matches the specified user account.
- On the Adapter Feature Selection panel, select the adapters to install, and click Next:
- To select all adapters, select Adapters.
- To select all the adapters in a group, select Base Adapters, BMC application adapters, or Third party adapters.
If you select existing application adapters or base adapters, they will be updated to the current version when you click Install.
- On the Module Feature Selection panel, select the run books and management modules and core modules to install, and click Next.
- To select all modules, select Modules.
- To select all the modules in a selected group, select Run books, Management modules or Core modules.
- On the Installation Preview panel, review the features, and then click Install.
- When the installation is finished, click Done.
The BAO_content_install_log file contains the logs of the content installation, which you can use for troubleshooting installation problems.
When you install an adapter that does not have a corresponding module, the content installation program writes the following warning message to the log file:
This warning message is informational and does not indicate that a problem occurred during the installation.
To troubleshoot problems that might have occurred during the installation, search for the BAO_content_install_log file for
Where to go from here
Perform one of the following tasks: