Generating process metrics reports by using the graphing server
After you install and configure graphing components on the configuration distribution peer (CDP), you can access the graphing server to generate several types of process metrics reports. Process metrics data is stored in the process metrics tables. The graphing server pulls the data from this table to display the metrics in graphical form. The reports display metrics generated from process data, such as the number of times the process ran (counts by hour) or snapshots for a specified time period. You can select different graphical styles in which to display the process metrics. See Sample Metrics by DescriptionStatus report to see images of the report.
Before you begin
- Install the graphing server.
See Installing for more information about installing the graphing server.
- After you install the graphing server, you must turn on metrics collection.
- Configure a peer to be a synchronization point.
- Use BMC Atrium Orchestrator Development Studio to configure the workflow to record process metrics.
To generate process metrics reports
- Using a web browser, navigate to the graphing server page at http://hostname:port/baocdp/metrics.
- From the report menu, select the report that you want to run.
- Select the report criteria, and then click Update.
See Sample Metrics by DescriptionStatus report for more information about configuring report data. The report is displayed, based on the report criteria selected and the data collected in the metric and metric_detail tables.
The Group by menu determines the time increment displayed in the Counts by graph. For example, if you select Hours in the Group by menu, the Counts by hour graph is displayed. If you select Days, the Counts by day graph is displayed.
- (Optional) Select Show URL to display the URL directly to the report page.