Validating people information
You can validate self-service user information with the CTM:People form located on the BMC Virtual Chat server or any other BMC Remedy AR System server. If you configure user lookup in the Virtual Chat Administration Console, when a self-service user logs on to the Self Service Portal, BMC Virtual Chat looks up the user information in the CTM:People form and associates that information with the registered self-service user. That user information is stored in the Master Chat Record (MCR) and can be used to create or modify incidents.
To configure user lookup
- From the IT Home page, select Virtual Chat > Virtual Chat Administration Console.
- In the Integrations section, select Chat Integrations.
The Remedy Chat Integrations pane appears.
- Enter the following information:
- User Validation Server for ITSM: Type the server name.
- Use Incident Management Validation: Select the check box to turn on validation.
- Save the changes, as follows:
- Click OK to save the changes and close the console.
- Click Apply to save the changes and keep the console open.
After a user successfully logs on to the Self Service Portal, the fields are validated against the hidden fields on the CTM:People form.