Performing the upgrade
You upgrade BMC Virtual Chat by running the automated installation program. Before you run the installation program, make sure you have read the following topics:
When you upgrade from BMC Chat 8.0, the eschat.war file does not always deploy correctly, and the Support Agent Console displays an error. If you navigate inside the apache\tomcat7.0\webapps\eschat folder on the BMC Remedy Mid Tier server, you see that content is missing.
- Stop the BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
- Delete the eschat folder in apache\tomcat7.0\webapps\ path.
Note: Do not delete the eschat.war file.
- Restart the BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
The eschat folder is automatically re-created and loaded with the correct content, and the Support Agent Console works correctly.
When upgrading to 9.1.01 or 9.1.02, in the Self Service Portal Configuration window, you cannot see the Overlay field, and Modify and Create Overlay buttons.
- After the upgrade, go to BMC Remedy Mid Tier Configuration Tool.
- Go to Cache Seetings and click Flush Cache.