Manual upgrade process
This section describes the manual upgrade process. Refer to these steps if the automated installation did not complete successfully or your system did not pass the installation verification tests.
Before you begin
- Review the compatibility matrix, and ensure that BMC Virtual Chat is compatible with your system.
- Review the requirements for BMC Remedy AR System, BMC Atrium CMDB, and any supporting BMC Remedy ITSM applications.
- Review Known and corrected issues for installation and upgrade issues and workarounds.
- Back up the BMC Remedy AR System database. This important step enables you to restore BMC Remedy AR System to its preinstallation state if you encounter problems.
- Ensure that no application is using ports 6225 and 6226, which BMC Virtual Chat requires for successful operation. Open both directions between the BMC AR System and Mid Tier servers.
- If you are installing in an AR System server group, complete the installation and configuration for the primary and secondary servers. For more information, see Installing in the BMC Remedy ITSM Deployment online documentation and Configuring server groups in the BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.
In an enterprise environment, BMC recommends that the BMC Remedy Mid Tier be installed on a separate computer from the BMC Remedy AR System server. In this environment, you would run the BMC Virtual Chat installer twice—the first time on the AR System server, and then a second time on the mid tier.
Manual upgrade procedures
Was this page helpful? Yes No Submitting... Thank you