Manual installation process
This section describes the manual installation process of BMC Virtual Chat on BMC Remedy Action Request System Server (BMC Remedy AR System Server) and BMC Remedy Mid Tier server. Refer to these steps if the automated installation did not complete successfully or your system did not pass the installation verification tests.
The folllwing sections help you prepare for the manual installation and list the steps for manually installing BMC Virtual Chat on BMC Remedy Action Request System Server and BMC Remedy Mid Tier Server.
Before you begin
- Review the compatibility matrix and ensure that BMC Virtual Chat is compatible with your system.
- Review the requirements for BMC Remedy AR System, BMC Atrium CMDB, and supporting BMC Remedy ITSM applications.
- Review Known and corrected issues for installation and upgrade and their workarounds.
- Review BMC Virtual Chat deployment.
- Back up the BMC Remedy AR System database. This step enables you to restore BMC Remedy AR System to its preinstallation state if you encounter problems.
- Ensure that no application is using ports 6225 and 6226, which BMC Virtual Chat requires for successful operation. Open these ports in both directions between the BMC Remedy AR System and the mid-tier servers.
- To ensure that the file transfer feature of BMC Virtual Chat works in a load-balanced environment, all Apache Tomcat instances on all BMC Remedy Mid-Tier servers must be installed in the same location. For example, C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat7.0.
- If you are installing in a BMC Remedy AR System server group, complete the installation and configuration for the primary and secondary servers. For more information, see Installing in the BMC Remedy ITSM Deployment online documentation and Configuring server groups in the BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.
In this environment, you must run the BMC Virtual Chat installer at least twice—the first time on the BMC Remedy AR System server (and each server in a cluster), and then a second time on the mid tier (and each mid tier in a cluster).
For more information, see in the BMC Remedy ITSM Deployment 9.0 online documentation.
Manually installing on BMC Remedy AR System Server
Perform the following steps to manually install BMC Virtual Chat on BMC Remedy AR System Server:
- Manually installing the Java plug-in files
- Manually updating the Java plug-in configuration files
- Manually importing the BMC Virtual Chat application files
Manually installing on BMC Remedy Mid Tier
After you complete manual installation on BMC Remedy AR System Server, perform the following steps on BMC Remedy Mid Tier.
- Manually copying files from the base folder
- Manually deploying the application files
- Creating a proxy account
- Configuring the config.properties file