Joining and monitoring sessions as a supervisor
When an agent is invited to join a chat session in participate mode, other participants in the chat session are notified that you have joined. The invitee agent can leave the session, transfer files, and send URLs to the user, but cannot perform the following actions in participate mode:9.1.00
Pause, Release, Transfer, Abandon, Close, Invite, launch other applications.9.1.01
The Pause and Release commands are unavailable in version 9.1.01. An agent cannot transfer, Abandon, Close, Invite, and launch other applications in participate mode.
- Monitor mode
When an agent is invited to join a chat session in monitor mode, other participants in the chat session are not notified that you have joined. The invitee agent can only leave the session and not perform any other actions in this mode as the agent is watching the chat session in "stealth" mode.
To join and monitor chat sessions
- In the Support Agent Console, click Join.
- In the Join Chat Session window, select Chat Sessions > Open.
- Select the chat session that you want to join.
- Select one of the available options. You can only see the option selected by the invitee. The invited agent cannot change this option.
- Participate—Join the session as an active participant.
- Monitor—Join the session in monitor only mode.