Integrating with Microsoft Lync
Microsoft Lync integration with BMC Virtual Chat is a legacy feature. This feature is available only if you enabled it before upgrading to BMC Virtual Chat 9.1.02.
Microsoft Lync is a communications platform that enables users to communicate using various methods and devices through one common interface. You can integrate BMC Virtual Chat with Microsoft Lync so your self-service users and support agents can access the BMC Virtual Chat application from whatever device they choose.
This section describes the steps you must perform together with your Microsoft Lync Administrator to integrate your BMC Virtual Chat application with Microsoft Lync, so that self-services users can use Microsoft Lync to chat with virtual and live agents.
In version 9.1.01, you can enable support agents to launch a Lync session from the Support Agent Console. For more information, see Defining applications for support agents.
- Supported features in Lync integrations
- Prerequisites for a Microsoft Lync integration
- Configuring the Lync server for BMC Virtual Chat
- Installing the Intelligent Instant Message Bot for BMC Virtual Chat
- Testing the Lync integration
- Enabling the Microsoft Lync extension window
- Configuring the Lync service with BMC Virtual Chat
- Enabling quick links in Microsoft Lync