BMC Virtual Chat helps self-service users solve issues.
To stay informed of changes to this space, place a watch on this page.
|December 5, 2016||9.1.02: Service Pack 2|
|November 10, 2016||Product announcements||Provides a statement of direction for the end of life for integration with Microsoft Lync.|
|November 5, 2016||PDFs and videos||An index of topics with videos is now available.|
|June 23, 2016||9.1.01: Service Pack 1|
Fixes listed in Known and corrected issues, and the following enhancements:
|April 8, 2015||Configuring knowledge articles to launch in BMC MyIT||If you have BMC MyIT 3.0.01 or later, you can configure knowledge articles in BMC MyIT.|
|December 22, 2015||9.1|
BMC Virtual Chat 9.1 is released. Version 9.1 includes the following enhancements:
Ready-made PDFs are available on the PDFs and videos page. You can also create a custom PDF.
Creating PDF and Word exports
You can create a PDF of a page or a set of pages. (Non-English page exports are not supported.) You can also create a Word document of the current page.
To export to PDF or Word
- From the Tools menu in the upper-right, select a format:
- Export to Word to export the current page to Word format
- Export to PDF to export the current page or a set of pages to PDF
- If exporting to PDF, select what you want to export:
- Only this page to export the current page
- This page and its children to export a set of pages
Troubleshooting, diagnostics, log files and contacting Support.
Frequently asked questions
This section provides answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ) about BMC Virtual Chat.
The default logo file, named bmclogo.gif, is located in the /resources/img/ folder on the mid tier server. First, move your company logo to the /resources/img/ folder. Then, use the Self Service Portal Configuration tool to modify the Application Portal - Interface to point to your logo. The logo definition is the first line of the entry.
For more information, see Changing the logo in the application portal.
You can change the virtual agent greeting in the ES_Chat:DVFFormatString Self Service form. The Default Display Message section contains the initial greeting. Change it and restart Apache Tomcat for the changes to take effect.
For more information, see Changing the initial customer greeting.
Specify the new path in the web.xml file (in the /webapps/programd/web_inf folder) and then restart Apache Tomcat. The path is specified in the
In the Virtual Chat Query configuration, change the URL field from the Google default to your company URL.
For more information, see Defining Virtual Chat Queries.
Additional resources from BMC
The following BMC sites provide information outside of the BMC Virtual Chat 9.1 documentation that you might find helpful:
- BMC Communities, BMC Remedy community
- , search filtered by BMC Virtual Agent and BMC Virtual Chat (requires login)
- BMC Educational Services, BMC Remedy ITSM Suite learning path
- BMC Global Services, BMC Remedy ITSM offerings
- www.bmc.com, information about BMC Remedy ITSM Suite
- Documentation for related products:
The following site, which is not created or endorsed by BMC, also provides information that you might find helpful:
- The Action Request System discussion list, ARSLIST