Requirements and restrictions
This topic describes requirements and restrictions for NGT Reorg.
NGT Reorg has the following requirements for supporting software:
- NGT Reorg requires a minimum of version 12.1.00 of the BMC DB2 Solution Common Code (SCC).
- You must be licensed to use the IBM DB2 REORG utility to use any features that invoke DSNUTILB.
NGT Reorg requires the following authorizations:
- REORG authority on the database
- SYSADM or DBADM authority
- CREATE authority on the database for pending DDL materializations
When running NGT Reorg:
- Table spaces and indexes must be in read/write (RW) status.
- Table spaces and indexes cannot be in a restricted status.
NGT Reorg requires 2 GB of auxiliary storage to reorganize partition-by-growth (PBG) table spaces, regardless of the storage actually used.
The following restrictions apply to NGT Reorg:
NGT Reorg does not support:
- Huffman compression, released in Db2 V12 FL504, for universal table spaces (UTSs) specified as COMPRESS YES
- DECFLOAT INDEXES, released in Db2 V12 FL505
- Indexes with over 512 million leaf pages, >2TB index
- PBR RPN table spaces
- Clone table spaces or table spaces with an instance qualifier of 2
- Multi-table, simple table spaces
- Empty table spaces clustered by a nonpartitioned secondary index (NPI)
- (PTF BQU1777 applied) PGB objects that contain more than 16 million pages per partition.
Partition-by-range (PBR) and PBG table spaces with partition sizes (DSSIZE) greater than 64 GB that have the following PAGESIZE/DSSIZE combinations:
All other PBR and PBG table spaces with a DSSIZE greater than 64 GB are supported.
(PTF BQU1777 applied) NGT Reorg supports PBR and PBG table spaces with a DSSIZE greater than 64 GB including the following PAGESIZE/DSSIZE combinations:
- (PTF BQUxxxx applied) NGT Reorg supports PBR table spaces with any PAGESIZE/DSSIZE combination.
NGT Reorg terminates:
- If a table is added to or dropped from the table space during a reorganization
- If a table is mass deleted from a segmented table space during a reorganization
NGT Reorg invokes DSNUTILB if an index is in a rebuild-pending status (RBDP or PSRBD). For more information, see Invoking DSNUTILB.