Running out-of-the-box reports
This topic describes how to run out-of-the-box reports and provides the list of out-of-the-box reports.
Before you begin
Ensure that you meet the following prerequisites:
- You have set up data collection for the reports. For more information, see .
- The first extract, transform, and load (ETL) run has been completed. For more information, see . This is required to avoid missing data errors in the reports.
Running a report
Log in to TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse. The TrueSight Smart Reporting Home page appears.Click here for the steps to log in to the TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse console.
Use the following URL to open the TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse login page:
https://<TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse hostname>:<portNumber>/tssa-dw
In the User Name and Password fields, enter the user credentials. By default, the password is hidden. To view the password, click .
- In Site, select a site. The Primary Site is the default site.
- In Authentication Method, select a authentication method. SRP is the default authentication method.
- Click LOG IN.
- In the Roles window, select the role you want to use and click OK. Through role-based access control (RBAC), you can be granted multiple roles, but you can use only one role at a time.
- Click the menu icon in the upper left corner.
- Under Browse, click Browse All and expand By Folder > TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse.
Expand one of the following folders for the type of report that you want to view. For example, to run the Patch Summary report, select the Patching folder.
All the available reports are displayed in the main pane. For example, if you click the Inventory folder, the following window is displayed:
Click Layout to view the list of reports in ThumbNails or List view.
Double-click the type of report that you want to generate.
In the Filters panel, specify values for the basic parameters required to generate the report. This system displays a prompt to allow you to select the time period and other attributes. For example, specify a time range, the interval (daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly), and other report-specific parameters.
When you log on as a reporting user and run a report for the first time, filters for the report are not populated by default. To populate the filters, click the Refresh Cached Filters iconat the bottom of the Filters panel.
- Click GO. The report is displayed. For example, if you click the Inventory Summary report, the report is displayed in the following format:
The date and time format for the reports is dd/mm/yyyy mm:ss (for example, 23/03/2018 02:15 PM).