Installing TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse using the wizard
Where you are in the Installation process
|1.||Complete the planning activities|
Install TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse (You are here)
Complete the post-installation activities for TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse
Do the following:
Log in to the host computer where you want to install TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse, and delete all the files with Bds* in the file name from the temporary directory:
- (Windows) %temp%
On the host computer, ensure that you have the following privileges:
(Linux) root user
Extract the downloaded zip files to a temporary location outside the following location to avoid any file sharing conflicts:
(Windows) C:\Program Files
Disk1 directory is created that contains the installation executable and other supporting files.
(Linux) As a root user, run this command to assign the executable permission to the installer file (setup.bin):
chmod +x -R Disk1
Navigate to the Disk1 directory and run the installer:
(Windows) As an administrator user, double-click the setup.exe file.
(Linux) As a root user, execute the ./setup.bin command.
Select the installation language, and click OK.
Review the welcome page, and click Next.
Read the End User License Agreement, agree to the terms, and click Next.
Select an absolute path for the installation directory , and click Next. If required, you can change the default installation directory.
(Windows) C:\Program Files\BMC Software\TSSA-DW
Select the directory where you want to store the Agent logs when ETL is run, and click Next.
(Windows) Select a database type, and click Next. You can install the product on Windows either with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle databases.
- (Default) Microsoft SQL Server
- Oracle Database Server
(Oracle only) Select the directory where you have installed the 32-bit or 64-bit Oracle client, the ORACLE_HOME directory, and click Next.
The default value is the value of the ORACLE_HOME variable. If the ORACLE_HOME variable is not set, then the value of this field is blank. For example, the value of the ORACLE_HOME variable is /data2/oracle/product/11.2.0/client_1.
Create a password for the DWAdmin user with Administrative privileges (add/modify Site, modify Configuration details, run Archival/Restore, view ETL status and reporting capabilities). Confirm the password, and click Next. The password length must be at least eight characters. It should contain at least one uppercase character, at least one lowercase character, at least one digit, and at least one special character except for # % &>.
Type the port details to communicate with TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse console and click Next. The default values are:
- Web Server HTTPS Port : 9443
- Web Server Control Port : 9005
- Authentication Server Port: 9640
- Type the Web Server certificate information to generate the HTTPS certificate and click Next. The default values are:
- Common Name (CN): local host name
- Organizational Unit (OU): (optional) None
- Organization Name (O): (optional) None
- Locality Name (L): (optional) None
- State Name (S): (optional) None
- Country (C): (optional) None
- Create Keystore Password: None
- Confirm Keystore Password: None (The keystore password length must be at least six characters. It should contain at least one uppercase character, at least one lowercase character, at least one digit, and at least one special character except for # % & >.
Review the web server memory and system information and click Next. The default values are:
- Initial Memory Allocation: 64 MB
- Maximum Memory Allocation: 256 MB
- Additional Startup Options: None
Review the Installation Preview page and click Install to start the installation. After the installation is complete, the Installation Summary page is displayed.
- Note down the URL displayed on the Installation Summary page, as you need this URL during the post-installation tasks for TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse.
Click Done to exit the installation program.
Next step in the Installation process
Now that you have successfully installed TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse, the next step in the installation process is to complete the Post-installation tasks for TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse.