Customizing out-of-the-box reports
To customize a out-of-the-box report, BMC recommends that you save a copy in another folder with a different name and modify the copy. Modifying the original version of the out-of-the-box report might result in corrupted reports that might not work in future releases.
In addition, you should not modify the report names of the original versions of the out-of-the-box reports to avoid corrupting these reports.
Perform the following steps:
Log in to TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse. The TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform Home page appears.Click here for the steps to log in to the TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse console.
Use the following URL to open the TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse login page:
https://<TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse hostname>:<portNumber>/tssa-dw
In the User Name and Password fields, enter the user credentials. By default, the password is hidden. To view the password, click .
- In Site, select a site. The Primary Site is the default site.
- In Authentication Method, select a authentication method. SRP is the default authentication method.
- Click LOG IN.
- In the Roles window, select the role you want to use and click OK. Through role-based access control (RBAC), you can be granted multiple roles, but you can use only one role at a time.
- Click the menu icon in the upper left corner.
Under Browse, click Browse All and expand By Folder > TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse.
- Expand one of the following folders for the type of report that you want to view. For example, to run the Patch Summary report, select the Patching folder.
All the available reports are displayed in the main pane. Right-click the report that you want to copy.
Click Make a copy.
Modify the required details.
Click Publish. In the Save Report window, do the following:
Enter a name and description for your report.
If required, use the Add tags field to add tags. Tags are useful to search for reports after you generate them.
In the Report Access area, select Public or Private.
If you select Public, all users on the tenant can access the report.
If you select Private, you can see the User Access tab. Use this tab to specify the users who will have access to the report.
If required, use the Distribution, Report Settings, and Refresh tabs.
Click Save to generate and view the new report.
For more information about saving reports, see ( https://wiki.yellowfinbi.com/display/USER80/Saving+a+Report).