Changing the DWAdmin user password
This topic describes how to change passwords for DWAdmin user and TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse Administrator users using NSH.
If you see the following error and cannot change the password, you must upgrade NSH to version 8.9.04:
To change the passwords of DWAdmin user, perform the following steps:
- Go to $BDS_HOME/shared/ConfigurationManagement directory.
- Run change_password.nsh file with the parameter as DWAdmin user.
- Enter the current password of that particular user.
- Click Next.
- Provide the password with valid password requirements. The password length must be at least 8 characters and it should contain at least one uppercase character, at least one lowercase character, at least one digit and at least one special character except # % &>.
Restart the Web server web service.To restart the Web server, perform the following steps:
For Linux operating system, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the /etc/init.d directory.
Type the following commands:
./bltomcat stop ./bltomcat start
For Windows operating system, perform the following steps:
From a command prompt, type the following command:
- In the Services window, select TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse Web Server and click Restart.
- To verify whether the password is changed successfully, log in to TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse by using the following URL and the new password:
- reportsServer is the server that hosts TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse.
- portNumber is the Tomcat web server secure port that you specified during installation.
- Log in to TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform by using the following URL:
https://<hostname>:port/tsr where hostname is the server where TrueSight Smart Reporting is installed.
- Enter DWAdmin as the user name and password, and click Login. The Components page appears.