Archiving data by using TrueSight Server Automation jobs
Use the run_archival_from_om.nsh script to archive data by using TrueSight Server Automation jobs. The run_archival_from_om.nsh script uses archival settings, such as archive directory location and retention period for domains, that you configure by using the TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse console. This script is included in the Inventory-Templates.zip file, which is located in the <TSSA-DWInstallationDirectory>/Contents directory.
On SQL Server 2012, the archival process fails with the following error message:
Error = [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0]Warning: BCP import with a format file will convert empty strings in delimited columns to NULL.
Workaround: This error occurs due to a limitation in SQL Server 2012. To resolve the issue, install SQL Server 2012 SP1.
Before you begin
Before you archive the reports data warehouse data, ensure that theare met:
- MultiExcerpt named 'prerequisiteArchiveRestore' was not found
To run the archival process by using TrueSight Server Automation jobs
- Extract the contents of the content_installer.zip file to a directory of your choice on the TrueSight Server Automation Application Server.
- Run the content installer.
The script is added to TrueSight Server Automation as a Network Shell script.
- Create a Network Shell Script Job for the run_archival_from_om.nsh script by performing the following steps:
Log in to the TrueSight Server Automation console.
Navigate to the Depot/BladeLogic Reports Scripts/Run BDSSA Archival folder.
- Right-click Run BDSSA Archival Script and select the NSH Script Job option.
The New NSH Script Job wizard starts.
- In the Name field, enter name of the NSH Script Job.
- In the Save in field, enter the path where you want to save the job, and click Next.
- In the Targets pane, select the report servers on which you want to run the archival process, and click Next.
In the Parameters pane, set the
ETL_HOMEparameter as the directory in which the ETL-related files (extract, transform, and load) are located.
The default location is <TSSA-DWInstallationDirectory>/shared/odi/bin. Enter the path in NSH format.
Using existing jobs
If you want to run ETL or archive data by using the existing TrueSight Server Automation jobs, the following fields need to be modified:
Script name Field/Parameter run_archival_from_om ETL_HOME, Target Server Run ETL from OM Script ETL_HOME, Target Server
- Click Next.
- In the Default Notifications pane, configure job run notifications, and click Next.
- In the Schedules panel, schedule the job if required, and click Finish.
The job is created in the location that you specified in step 5.
You can use this job to run the archival process on the specified servers. You can execute the job for a one-time run or you can create a schedule for the job.
- Run the job against the target report server.
For more information about the options available while creating an NSH Script Job, see in the TrueSight Server Automation documentation.
When you run the archival process by using a TrueSight Server Automation job, the messages are written to the <TSSA-DWInstallationDirectory>/logs/archival.log file. When you run the archival process by using the console, the messages are written to the <TSSA-DWInstallationDirectory>/logs/bds-ui.log file.