Installing TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform with SQL Server
To install TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform with SQL Server
Do the following:
- Ensure that you have created a database and a database user who has the db_owner permission.
- Log in to the host computer where you want to install TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform.
- (Windows) On the host computer, ensure that you have Administrator privileges.
- Download the TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform files on the host computer.
Ensure that either a JRE or one of the following JDK versions exists on the host computer, and either the
JAVA_HOMEenvironment variable is set:
- Oracle JRE or JDK version 1.8.0_181 or a later update of version 1.8.0
Open JRE or JDK version 11
If you are installing TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform and the component on the same server instance, you can use the JRE provided with the component. TrueSight Server Automation - Data Warehouse and TrueSight Network Automation - Data Warehouse are available as components for TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform.Do the following to set the JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variables
(Linux) Run the following commands:
(Windows) Do the following:
Open the Windows explorer, and right-click This PC.
Click Properties > Advanced system settings.
Click the Environment Variables button.
Under System variables, click New.
In the New System Variable window, add the following details:
In the Variable name field, add
In the Variable value field, browse to the location where the JRE or JDK executable file is saved. For example, C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_181.
Pathvariable, and click Edit.
In the Edit environment variable window, click New, and type
Click OK to save your changes.
Run one of the folllowing commands:
java -jar TrueSight-SmartReporting-19.3.jar
java -jar TrueSight-SmartReporting-19.3.jar -gui
- In the Language Selection box, select a language for installation, and click Next.
- Read the information on the next page, and click Next.
- On the licence agreement page, select I accept the terms of this licence agreement. and click Next.
On the General Options page, do the following:
- Enter the web server port number. The default number is 8443.
- (Windows) If you want to install TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform as a Windows service, select the Install Windows service check box.
- Click Next.
- On the Truesight Smart Reporting Database Details page, select Microsoft SQL Server as the database type, and click Next.
Do the following:
In the Database Server Location area:
Type the server host and server port.
Enter the database name and select the Use an existing database check box.
- Select the Use an existing database user check box.
- In the Database User area, enter the user name and password or the existing user. Ensure that the user has the db_owner permission.
- Repeat the password in the Confirm Password field.
- In the Administrator User area, enter the user name and password of a user who has administrator-level access to the database.
- Click Next. On the Validate Connection details window, click Yes.
- You can see the success message. Click OK.
- Browse to the path for installation, and click Next.
If you are installing in a custom directory, manually add the name of the directory to the installation path. For example, if you want to install in the C:\Program Files\TrueSight Smart Reporting directory, browse to C:\Program Files, and add TrueSight Smart Reporting manually to the installation path.
- On the confirmation message, click OK.
On the next window, you can view the TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform installation details. Click Done to complete the installation process.
The following are the default credentials:
Apply the TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform 19.3.00.001 hotfix.Do the following:
- Navigate to the .
- Download and unzip the TrueSightSmartReporting_HotFix_19.3.00.001.zip file.
- Navigate to the TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform installation directory and take a backup of the tsr.war file.
- Replace the existing tsr.war file with the file from the extracted.
Start TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform. Do the following:
(Windows) Start the TrueSightSmartReporting service and change its startup type to Automatic.
In non-English locales, the TrueSightSmartReporting service appears as the Yellowfin service.
- (Linux) Navigate to the <install_dir>/appserver/bin/ folder and run the following command:
./startup.shYou can also use the the service_utility.sh script to start the service. For more information, see Managing the True Sight Smart Reporting - Platform service.
Next step in the Installation process
Now that you have successfully installed TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform, the next step in the installation process is to complete the post-installation activities.
If you want to change the TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform admin default password, see Modifying the TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform administrator password.
If you want to roll back the TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform 19.3.00.001 hotfix, see Technical bulletin — Announcing hotfix 19.3.00.001 for instructions.