2021-06-15_06-18-14_Version 8.9.04.003: Patch 3 for version 8.9.04
This topic contains information about the enhancements in TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.04.003 and provides instructions for downloading and installing the patch.
Support for new platform
TrueSight Server Automation now supports the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 operating system for patching and provisioning use cases (bare metal and physical provisioning only).
For the complete list of platforms supported by TrueSight Server Automation, see Supported platforms.
Addition of REST API endpoints
REST API support is added for the following resources: Deploy jobs, NSH Script jobs, NSH script, and BLPackage
You can use the APIs to perform the following operations:
- Create, delete, and execute operations on NSH Script and Deploy jobs.
- Retrieve events, results, and job runs on NSH Script and Deploy jobs.
- Perform retrieve operation on the NSH script and BLPackage.
- Perform group update and retrieve members.
- Retrieve smart-group members by type.
- Retrieve patch job analysis results for servers according to job ID and job run ID.
For the complete list of endpoints, see REST API endpoints supported in TrueSight Server Automation.
Addition of a new module for the offline database cleanup utility
A new BL Value module is added to the offline database cleanup utility to cleanup Oracle databases. For information about using the offline database cleanup utility, see Running the offline database cleanup utility.
Third-party software updates
The version of the SysInfo utility from MagniComp is updated to 10-H91 for Linux x64 operating systems.
Compliance content updates
The following templates are added in this version:
|Template details||Instructions for downloading and importing the template|
|Center for Internet Security (CIS) template for Oracle Linux 7 benchmark version 2.1.0 of December 27, 2017 with implementation for 223 rules||Updating CIS for Oracle Linux 7 to newer benchmarks|
|Center for Internet Security (CIS) template for Oracle Linux 6 benchmark version 1.1.0 of December 27, 2017 with implementation for 223 rules||Updating CIS for Oracle Linux 6 to newer benchmarks|
|Center for Internet Security (CIS) template for CentOS Linux 7 benchmark version 2.2.0 of December 27, 2017 with implementation for 223 rules||Updating CIS for CentOS Linux 7 to newer benchmarks|
For the complete list of available templates, see Compliance Content support and requirements.
Deployment of Microsoft Windows patches
You can now deploy the Microsoft Windows patches directly from the Depot by using one of the following options:
- Add to Depot As BLPackage: Use this option to modify the BLPackage for performing some additional tasks after deploying a patch. For example, running some external commands.
- Deploy: Use this option to deploy a patch directly.
In the earlier releases, these options were disabled.
For information about how to add BLPackages, see Adding a BLPackage to the Depot.
Enhanced Patch Analysis Job results
In Patch Analysis job results, the Reason column is now moved from the extreme right position to the left for better readability.
Applying the patch
The following table lists the build information for this release.
EPD version number
|Patch 3 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.003||December 6, 2019|
|Patch 2 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.002||September 18, 2019|
|Patch 1 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.001||June 21, 2019|
|Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04||January 28, 2019|
|Patch 1 for version 8.9 Service Pack 3|
|8.9.03.001||October 5, 2018|
|Service Pack 3 for version 8.9|
|8.9.03||June 11, 2018|
Downloading the patch
Patch 3 for version 8.9.04 includes full installers for all components. You can download the files for version 8.9.04.003 from BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD).
For full download instructions, see Downloading the installation files.
For a list of installation programs by operating systems, see Installation programs for TrueSight Server Automation.
Installing the patch as a new product installation
If you are installing this patch as a new product installation, do one of the following:
- To use a centralized UI for installation of most TrueSight Server Automation components, see Installing using the unified product installer.
- To install individual components, download the patch files and then follow the instructions in Installing individual components. To see an overview of the installation steps, see Walkthrough: Installing individual components for Microsoft Windows and SQL Server environments or Walkthrough: Installing individual components for Linux and Oracle environments, depending on your environment.
Upgrading to the patch
You can upgrade to this patch from the following versions of TrueSight Server Automation:
- 8.9.04.002, 8.9.04.001, 8.9.04, 8.9.03.001, 8.9.03, 8.9.02, 8.9.01.001, 8.9.01, 8.9.00
Before you upgrade to this patch, do the following to avoid upgrade failure:
- If you are using an SQL Server database, run the offline database cleanup utility. For more information, see Running the offline database cleanup utility.
- If you are using an Oracle database, run the diagnostic and remediation script on the database. For more information, see this .
To upgrade, do one of the following:
- To use a centralized UI for installation of most TrueSight Server Automation components, see Upgrading on Windows using the unified product installer. For step by step instructions based on platform, see Walkthrough: Upgrading to the latest version on Windows and Walkthrough: Upgrading to the latest version on Linux.
Using with TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation
The following versions of TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation are supported with TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.x: