2021-06-15_06-18-23_Version 8.9.04.002: Patch 2 for version 8.9.04
This topic contains information about the enhancement in TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.04.002 and provides instructions for downloading and installing the patch.
Support for new platform
TrueSight Server Automation now supports the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 operating system for Application Servers, Network Shell, and agents.
For more information about the complete list of supported platforms, see Supported platforms.
Third-party software updates
The Yellowfin version that is shipped with TrueSight Server Automation Live Reporting has been upgraded to 8.0.2 from 8.0.1. To upgrade Live Reporting, you must uninstall Live Reporting 8.8.xx or 8.9.xx and install the latest version. A direct upgrade of Live Reporting is not available. For more information, see Upgrading Live Reporting.
The version of the SysInfo utility from MagniComp has been updated to 10-H89 from 10-H88 for Linux x64 operating systems.
Compliance content updates
The following component templates for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) policy have been updated:
- DISA on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 is updated to benchmark version 1 - Release 23 of July 26, 2019.
- DISA on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 is updated to benchmark version 2 - Release 4 of July 26, 2019.
- DISA on Windows Server 2008 R2 DC is updated to benchmark version 1 - Release 31 of July 26, 2019.
- DISA on Windows Server 2008 R2 MS is updated to benchmark version 1 - Release 30 of July 26, 2019.
- DISA on Windows Server 2012 DC (2012 and 2012 R2) is updated to benchmark version 2 - Release 17 of July 26, 2019.
- DISA on Windows Server 2012 MS (2012 and 2012 R2) is updated to benchmark version 2 - Release 16 of July 26, 2019.
- DISA on Windows Server 2016 is updated to benchmark version 1 - Release 9 of July 26, 2019.
For the complete list of available templates, see Compliance Content support and requirements.
Applying the patch
The following table lists the build information for this release.
EPD version number
|Patch 3 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.003||December 6, 2019|
|Patch 2 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.002||September 18, 2019|
|Patch 1 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.001||June 21, 2019|
|Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04||January 28, 2019|
|Patch 1 for version 8.9 Service Pack 3|
|8.9.03.001||October 5, 2018|
|Service Pack 3 for version 8.9|
|8.9.03||June 11, 2018|
Downloading the patch
Patch 2 for version 8.9.04 includes full installers for all components. You can download the files for version 8.9.04.002 from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
For full download instructions, see Downloading the installation files.
For a list of installation programs by OS, see Installation programs for TrueSight Server Automation.
Installing the patch as a new product installation
If you are installing this patch as a new product installation, do one of the following:
- To use a centralized UI for installation of most TrueSight Server Automation components, see Installing using the unified product installer.
- To install individual components, download the patch files and then follow the instructions in Installing individual components. To see an overview of the installation steps, see Walkthrough: Installing individual components for Microsoft Windows and SQL Server environments or Walkthrough: Installing individual components for Linux and Oracle environments, depending on your environment.
Upgrading to the patch
You can upgrade to this patch from the following versions of TrueSight Server Automation:
- 8.9.04.01, 8.9.04, 8.9.03.001, 8.9.03, 8.9.02, 8.9.01.001, 8.9.01, 8.9.00
To upgrade, do one of the following:
- To use a centralized UI for installation of most TrueSight Server Automation components, see Upgrading on Windows using the unified product installer. For step by step instructions based on platform, see Walkthrough: Upgrading to the latest version on Windows and Walkthrough: Upgrading to the latest version on Linux.
Note: Upgrading the TrueSight Server Automation console
When you upgrade the TrueSight Server Automation Application Server to version 8.9.04.002, you must upgrade the TrueSight Server Automation Console to version 8.9.04.002.
Using with TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation
The following versions of BMC Decision Support for Server Automation or TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation are supported with TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.x: