2021-06-15_06-18-24_Version 8.9.04.001: Patch 1 for version 8.9.04
This topic contains information about enhancements in TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.04.001 and provides instructions for downloading and installing the patch.
Support for web repositories
Now, TrueSight Server Automation supports the generic-local type of web repositories provided by JFrog. By using a central web repository, you do not need to synchronize the remote repositories.
You can add a software package to the Depot by specifying the path to a payload that exists on a configured web repository. After adding a software package, you can deploy it using a Deploy Job. For more information about how to use web repositories, see 2021-07-23_11-20-57_Managing web repositories.
Support for REST APIs
- Patching jobs
For more information about how to use REST APIs and list of endpoints, see Using the REST API.
Ability to copy the smart group conditions for a patch catalog
As an Administrator or operator, you can create a copy of a smart group in a patch catalog. Now you do not need to create a smart group from scratch.
For example, if you have created a smart group for a Windows 2012 Server patch catalog with the following conditions and you want to create a similar smart group for Windows 2016 Server patch catalog, then you can copy the smart group from Windows 2012 Server patch catalog to Windows 2016 Server patch catalog.
Any Hotfix Where ??CVE_ID*?? does not equal Null AND Any Hotfix Where ??Date_Posted*?? after 2019-01-01 12:26:49 AND Any Hotfix Where ??VENDOR_IMPACT*?? equals Critical
For information about how to copy the contents of a smart group, see Organizing patch catalog content using smart groups.
Support for Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) by using WIM images
New BLCLI commands
The following commands have been added:
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup - createGroup - Creates a Smart Patch Catalog Group with one condition.
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup- addCondition - Adds a new condition to an existing Smart Patch Catalog Group.
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup - setDescription_1 - Sets the description on a Smart Patch Catalog Group.
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup - setDescription_2 - Sets the description on a Smart Patch Catalog Group.
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup- resetConditions - Clears the existing conditions from a Smart Patch Catalog Group, then adds a new condition to that group.
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup- groupNameToId - Finds the group ID of a Smart Patch Catalog Group by its fully qualified name and type string.
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup - deleteGroupByQualifiedName - Deletes a Smart Patch Catalog Group by its fully qualified name and type string.
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup - groupNameToDBKey - Finds the DBKey of a Smart Patch Catalog Group by its fully qualified group name and type string.
- SmartPatchCatalogGroup - setMatchAll - Sets the Match All value for a Smart Patch Catalog Group.
- Job - jobExistsByTypeStringGroupAndName - Determines whether a job exists when you identify the job by its name and full path of the static group.
- PatchCatalog - getCatalogIdByTypeStringAndFullyQualifiedCatalogName - Returns the catalog group ID for the specified details.
- PatchCatalog - getCatalogDBKeyByTypeStringAndFullyQualifiedCatalogName - Returns the catalog DBKey for the specified details.
- JobRun - abortJobRunByJobRunId - Aborts the Job Run for a given Job Run ID.
- JobRun - abortJobRunByJobRunKey - Aborts the Job Run for a given Job Run Key.
- JobRun - cancelJobRunByJobRunId - Cancels the Job Run for a given Job Run ID.
- JobRun - cancelJobRunByJobRunKey - Cancels the Job Run for a given Job Run Key.
- DepotObject - depotObjectExistsByTypeStringGroupAndName - Determines whether a depot object exists when you identify the Depot Object by its name and the full path to the depot group containing the depot object.
- ExecutionTask - setGroup - Updates the save-in location for an Execution Task.
For more information, see BLCLI commands added, updated, or removed in recent versions.
Support for new platforms
TrueSight Server Automation now supports the following platforms:
- Windows Server 2019 x64 operating system for provisioning
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 15.x operating system for Application Server, Agent, NSH, and patching
- CentOS Linux 7.x operating system for Unified Product Installer and Application Server
- Oracle - Enterprise Edition (EE) and Standard Edition (SE) 18c,18c RAC, and 19c databases
- SCVMM 2016 and 2019 for virtualization
For more information about the complete supported platforms, see Supported platforms.
Live Reporting update
Now, the Yellowfin version that is shipped with TrueSight Server Automation Live Reporting has been upgraded to 8.0.1 from 7.4.8.
Third-party software update
The Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version that is shipped with TrueSight Server Automation has been upgraded to AdoptOpenJDK HotSpot 1.8.0_212 from Azul JRE 1.8.0_192.
The Apache Tomcat version that is shipped with TrueSight Server Automation has been upgraded to 8.5.40 from 8.5.20.
For more information about complete third-party software versions, see Third-party software.
Applying the patch
The following table lists build information for this release.
EPD version number
|Patch 3 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.003||December 6, 2019|
|Patch 2 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.002||September 18, 2019|
|Patch 1 for Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04.001||June 21, 2019|
|Service Pack 4 for version 8.9|
|8.9.04||January 28, 2019|
|Patch 1 for version 8.9 Service Pack 3|
|8.9.03.001||October 5, 2018|
|Service Pack 3 for version 8.9|
|8.9.03||June 11, 2018|
Downloading the patch
Patch 1 for version 8.9.04 includes full installers for all components. You can download the files for version 8.9.04.001 from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website.
For full download instructions, see Downloading the installation files.
For a list of installation programs by OS, see Installation programs for TrueSight Server Automation.
Installing the patch as a fresh product installation
If you are installing this patch as fresh product installation, do one of the following:
- To use a centralized UI for installation of most TrueSight Server Automation components, see Installing using the unified product installer.
- To install individual components, download the patch files and then follow the instructions in Installing individual components. To see an overview of the installation steps, see Walkthrough: Installing individual components for Microsoft Windows and SQL Server environments or Walkthrough: Installing individual components for Linux and Oracle environments, depending on your environment.
Upgrading to the patch
You can upgrade to this patch from the following versions of TrueSight Server Automation:
- 8.9.04, 8.9.03.001, 8.9.03, 8.9.02, 8.9.01.001, 8.9.01, 8.9.00
To upgrade, do one of the following:
- To use a centralized UI for installation of most TrueSight Server Automation components, see Upgrading on Windows using the unified product installer. For step by step instructions based on platform, see Walkthrough: Upgrading to the latest version on Windows and Walkthrough: Upgrading to the latest version on Linux.
Note: Upgrading the TrueSight Server Automation console
When you upgrade the TrueSight Server Automation Application Server to version 8.9.04.001, you must upgrade the TrueSight Server Automation Console to version 8.9.04.001.
Using with BMC Decision Support for Server Automation 8.9
BMC Decision Support for Server Automation version 8.9.00 is not compatible with TrueSight Server Automation version 8.9.04.001. BMC Decision Support for Server Automation users must install a hotfix on BMC Decision Support for Server Automation 8.9, before installing or upgrading to TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.04.001. For more information about the hotfix, see in the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation documentation.
Using with TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation
The following versions of TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation are supported with TrueSight Server Automation 8.9.x: