Upgrading Live Reporting
To upgrade Live Reporting, you must uninstall the previous version of Live Reporting and install the latest version. A direct upgrade of Live Reporting is not available.
Note: Custom data in the previous version of Live Reporting (Yellowfin)
BMC does not support custom data, such as reports, dashboards, views, users, and profiles created in the previous version of Live Reporting. This custom data might be lost when you uninstall and reinstall Live Reporting.
Do the following:
If you have custom reports or dashboards, take their backup.Do the following:
Upgrade TrueSight Server Automation to the latest version.
- Stop the Yellowfin service or Tomcat process.
- Download the latest Yellowfin update from the page.
- Upgrade Yellowfin to the latest version.
- Navigate to the <LiveReportingInstalledDirectory>\Yellowfin\appserver\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF directory and replace the web.xml file with the attached web.xml file.
Modify the replaced web.xml file, as follows:
What to replace
Replace the installation directory path.
PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
<!ENTITY jsps SYSTEM "file:/<LiveReportingInstalledDirectory>/Yellowfin/appserver/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/web-jsps.xml">
Replace the Yellowfin database host name and database name.
- Start the Yellowfin service or Tomcat process.
- Log in to Yellowfin as the REPORT_ADMIN user and export the custom reports and dashboards in the .yfx file format.
Uninstall the existing version of Live Reporting.
Do the following:
Log in as an Administrator or root user to the computer where you have installed Live Reporting.
- Navigate to the following directory:
- (Windows) <live_reporting_installation_directory>\UninstallBMCLive_Reporting
- (Linux) <live_reporting_installation_directory>/UninstallBMCLive_Reporting
- Run the following command:
In the uninstallation wizard, click Next.
Enter the TrueSight Server Automation database password that is configured with Live Reporting, and click Next.
- In the preview screen, review the information and click Uninstall.
- Click Done.
- Consult your database administrator to delete the Yellowfin database schema and users from the database.
- Install the latest version of Live Reporting. For more information, see Installing and configuring Yellowfin to enable Live reporting.