Troubleshooting integration issues
The following topics apply to troubleshooting BMC BladeLogic Atrium Integration:
BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystemclass becomes large
- Atrium Import Job not ignoring servers marked for deletion in BMC Atrium CMDB
- Data about Agentless managed objects
- BladeLogic Atrium Integration or BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management installer error when run on Windows 2012
Notes attribute of BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem class becomes large
Notes attribute of
BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem class gets appended with agent status every time you run an update server properties job on TrueSight Server Automation Application Server. Hence,the
Notes attribute can become large over time. You can manually clean up the
Notes attribute at regular intervals.
Atrium Import Job not ignoring servers marked for deletion in BMC Atrium CMDB
The Atrium Import Job does not skip over the servers in TrueSight Server Automation with correponding entries in the BMC Atrium CMDB
BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem class marked for deletion. The
MarkAsDeleted attribute of the class is set to
Yes in this case.
Data about Agentless managed objects
Data for Agentless managed objects is not pushed into BMC Atrium CMDB.
BladeLogic Atrium Integration or BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management installer error when run on Windows 2012
When you run either the BladeLogic Atrium Integration or BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management installer on a Windows 2012 platform, you might encounter the following error:
Installer User Interface mode is not supported.
To launch the installer, perform the following steps:
- Right-click the <installer>.exe and select the Troubleshoot compatibilityoption.
- Click Troubleshoot program.
- Choose the Program worked on earlier version of windows but won't install or run now check box and click Next.
- Choose the I don't know radio button and click Next.
- Click Test the program.