Setting up default configuration values (VGTE Job)
This topic provides instructions for setting up default configuration value for a Virtual Guest Template Enrollment (VGTE) Job. See the following topics for additional information:
To set up default configuration values
- Create an XML file that contains the configuration details that you want to apply to each virtual machine (VM) of a given OS.
For example, suppose you want to create some VMs that are using Microsoft Windows Server 2003, and other VMs that use Windows Server 2008. Your configuration file would have two sections, one for each OS.
In the Windows Server 2003 section, you might specify that all Windows Server 2003 computers have the following settings:
- User: myUser
- Organization: myOrganization
- Administrator password: xyz
- License key: abc
- Domain/workgroup: myDomain
These are just a few of the possible settings. For more details, see Sample VGTE configuration file.
- Run the
setGuestCustomizationConfigurationcommand, specifying the location of the VGTE configuration file you just created. For example:
This command registers your configuration settings.
Virtualization setGuestCustomizationConfiguration "//host/c/inputFiles/vgte_config.xml" 1
- To check the settings, start the BMC Server Automation Console and select Configuration > Virtualization Configuration. Your settings should appear in a panel that looks similar to the following: