Integrating TrueSight Server Automation with BMC Remedy OnDemand
You can integrate TrueSight Server Automation with BMC Remedy OnDemand to update the configuration management database (CMDB).
This topic contains the following sections:
Benefits of the integration
When you integrate TrueSight Server Automation with BMC Remedy OnDemand, you gain access to the following features:
- As a BLAdmin user, you can share the data about the endpoint computers in theTrueSight Server Automation system with the BMC Remedy OnDemand.
- As a BLAdmin and ITSM administrator, you can extract all the delta data from TrueSight Server Automation, transform it and load it in ITSM dataset (BMC.IMPORT.BL) so as to keep all the information in sync. You might have to implement required TrueSight Server Automation jobs, ETLs and ITSM jobs. If required the updated jobs should be provided for both the products as OOTB artefacts.
- As an ITSM administrator, you can reconcile the BMC.IMPORT.BL dataset with BMC.ASSET through "TrueSight CMDB Reconciliation Process” job execution.
- As an ITSM administrator, you can create and execute Atrium Integration job, so that you get the latest RECONCILIATION_ID updated in TrueSight Server Automation database.
- As a BLAdmin user, you can publish a product catalog to CMDB in ITSM side using a component template.
- As an ITSM administrator, you can view the state of services along with the attributes status for any business service on ITSM side.
You need to install TrueSight Server Automation followed by BMC Decision Support for Server Automation or TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation to create a basic setup. After that, you need to install TrueSight Server Automation Remedy OnDemand Integration installer and configure BMC Remedy Action Request System (BMC Remedy AR System) with TrueSight Server Automation based on your requirements to complete the integration process.
You must run the TrueSight Server Automation Remedy OnDemand Integration installer on a Microsoft Windows computer or a Red Hat Linux computer that has a network connection to BMC Remedy AR System and the BMC Decision Support for Server Automation or TrueSight Smart Reporting for Server Automation database.
|Prepare to integrate BMC Remedy OnDemand with TrueSight Server Automation|
Ensure that you meet the prerequisites.
|2||Ensure that you have the tested and compatible product versions for the integration.|
Download the installation files for TrueSight Server Automation Remedy OnDemand Integration
|Downloading the installation files|
|Install by using the BMC Remedy OnDemand and TrueSight Server Automation integration wizard|
Perform the installation.
Install using one of these options based on your operating system:
Configure BMC Remedy AR System after the installation
|5||Import CMDB schema, files, and create a new connection.|
If you are using a new Remedy OnDemand instance, perform the following steps in BMC Remedy Action Request (AR) System:
If you are using multiple Remedy OnDemand instances for a single TrueSight Server Automation Application Server, perform the following steps in BMC Remedy Action Request (AR) System:
Complete the following steps to set the Service Context:
|Supporting BMC Atrium Service Context|