Depot object overview
TrueSight Server Automation lets you create packages and other types of objects that you can store in the Depot. After you create these objects, you can use jobs to deploy the objects on multiple servers.
You can create the following types of objects and store them in the Depot:
- Software — Windows or UNIX executables. For information about creating software packages, see:
Software package overview
Adding software to the Depot
Adding a hotfix to the Depot
- BLPackages — Aggregations of many types of server objects. Use BLPackages to deploy complex server configurations. For information about creating or modifying BLPackages, see:
Adding a BLPackage to the Depot
- Network Shell Scripts — Scripts that can be stored as depot objects and then deployed using a Network Shell Script Job. See Adding a Network Shell script.
- Files — Files that can be stored as depot objects and then added to BLPackages. See Adding files to the Depot.
- Virtual Guest Packages — Definitions for a virtual guest configuration. Virtual Guest Packages can be used to deploy a new VMware virtual machine on a VMware vCenter server. See Deploying virtual systems using a VGP and VGJ.
- Patch catalogs — Tools for managing patch collections. See Creating a patch catalog.
System packages — Collections of all the instructions necessary to provision a server with an operating system and perform additional configuration by running a job. See System package panels (generic).